Saturday, April 2, 2011

Raspberry Viniagrette

Several months ago (too long, really!) I had some friends over and one of the things I made was this homemade viniagrette. It's a recipe I found on allrecipes and it was stellar! I didn't use the whole salad recipe (although it sounds delicious). I just wanted a simple homemade dressing and this was perfect.

The rasperry vinegar was a little spendy, but the recipe doesn't use a whole lot and I'll get plenty of use of the remainder because I will definitely be making this dressing again.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

  • 1 teaspoon honey

  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

  • 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar

  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil


  • Combine all the ingredients in a cruet (you know... that free bottle you get when you buy the powdered Italian dressing mix). Shake well and refrigerate until ready to use.

    I used the dressing on a spinach salad and it was sooo good!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment