Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Lightbulb Moment

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key."

At some point last month, I had an epiphany. I rely too much on other people to make me happy and the majority of those people aren't nearly as invested in my happiness as I thought they were. I believe they care about me; I truly do. But they aren't giving me the support I so desperately crave.

On the other hand, I have a couple of really amazing people in my life who support me strongly and fiercly. Why was I wasting my energy being hurt by the people who can't be bothered when I should be focusing my time on myself and the people who are there for me? And when this epiphany took place, I think it may have changed my life. At least for one small speck in time, I decided that I am in control. Of MY happiness.

It's gonna be a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment