Saturday, April 19, 2014

Disney's Animal Kingdom Top Five

My second day of vacation was spent at Disney's Animal Kingdom. This was only my third time ever in DAK. The last time I was here was 2009, and on that morning I took The Backstage Safari Tour, which is one of the coolest things I've EVER done. I was looking forward to making some new memories on this trip, so here are my DAK Top Five Moments from 2014!!!

#5: Getting My Picture Taken in Front of the Tree of Life
I really wanted to be in a lot of the pictures from this trip, and I got several character pictures on my Epcot day. But I think I walked past the Photopass photographer who was taking pictures by the Tree of Life AT LEAST four times before working up the nerve to get my picture taken! I am really self-conscious, but once I started there was no stopping me!

#4: Meeting Dug and Russell
This was probably the meet and greet I was most excited about! And I almost missed it due to poor planning. But I got it all I figured out eventually! Squirrel!!

#3: Misbehaving Addax
The first thing I did after walking through the gates was head to Kilimanjaro Safari. I love this with every fiber of my being!! At one point, our driver had to stop for a good long time because the Addax (the animal in the photo below) were chasing each other around, and kept running in front of our ride vehicle! I had no idea they would get that close and it was so fun to watch!

#2: Character Breakfast at Tusker House
I booked this reservation on the spur of the moment after reading multiple positive reviews over on the Dis. And I was not disappointed! The food was yummy and the character interaction was top notch! I got to meet Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, and Donald!

#1: Finding Nemo -- The Musical
On my two previous trips to DAK, I wasn't able to fit this show in. I bypassed it both times in favor of "Legend of the Lion King". I was determined to see it this time, which was made easier by the fact that FotL was being moved/refurbished and wasn't open. The music was a LOT of fun and it was made even more special after the fact when the composing team, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, won the Oscar that weekend for Let it Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment