Sunday, September 9, 2012

Are You Ready for Some Football??

I woke up cranky this morning. Mainly, because I woke up at 6:30 and tried desperately to go back to sleep. Because I was tired. I'm pretty sure I should have just crawled out of bed at 6:30 and I would have been happier. And a lot less achy.

And then I went outside.

Oh, happy day!! It was sooo nice and cool out. And it wasn't raining. I've been waiting MONTHS for a day like this! I just want to drag my TV outside and cheer on my boys in the nice weather.

Of course, that isn't going to happen. I'm going to stay inside and watch the game. By myself. Blah. While I make these to take to work:

I saw another verion of this that doesn't used boxed brownies, but I figured this would be an easy thing to whip together between commercials. I love Oreo truffles, but think they're a PITA to make so I usually rely on someone else making them. These look brilliant.

I'm very excited for this season. (Not that I've ever been UN-excited!) The problem is that right now I'm so focused on baseball and The Retirement of Chipper Jones that I have a hard time concentrating on both. Last year, my Braves blew a huge lead in the standings and I'm hoping to see them still playing next month. A World Series ring would be the perfect ending to a brilliant career.

Wait.

I was supposed to be talking about football. See what happens??

I guess I'll just leave it at GO BILLS!!!! A friend posted an adorable picture of his baby girl wearing a full size Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey. Love it. Start 'em young, I say! Watching by myself will be so weird. So hopefully I'll have lots to cheer about!

No comments:

Post a Comment