Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

In Western New York, Labor Day pretty much signals the end of summer even though we still have several weeks to go before that's official. Kids go back to school tomorrow, people put their boats away this weekend and many of them closed up their pools.

I wish the weather would cooperate! We're looking at a high of 88º today which is signicantly hotter than I would like it. I'm ready to walk outside and smell fall *Ü*

Today I'm headed to a friend's house for a cookout and I'm very excited to hang out with my peeps. Here is what I'm contributing to our culinary cause:

Bacon and Cheese Potatoes

I followed the ideas in the comments and instead of using the crockpot, I have these babies in the oven as we speak. I figued it would be easier to transport. They smell delicious.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread

Source: recipeboy.com via Sue on Pinterest

I managed to find the container of the mushiest raspberries in the store. But the bread looks awesome, so I'm hoping it won't matter. I wasn't about to go back. Ha.

I'm also making some Ramen Noodle Salad, which is one of my favorite things in the world. Not gourmet quality by any stretch of the imagination but I never claimed to me. Sooo good. Have a great day everyone!! And happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment