It wasn't a totally wasted day. I went to see Wreck It Ralph, which was adorable. Probably one of the most clever premises for a movie that I've seen in a long time. I really enjoyed it. And after that, Michaels opened at 4:00 so I headed there to kill some time. Bought some fun stuff, including these cool ornaments that you put on your artificial tree to make it smell real:
And yes, that *is* my tree in the background. It's been up for over a week now.
So, here are five things I am thankful for right now. (I never said all five of them would be deep and philosophical):
1. MY FAMILY I have the best family in the world and when I'm really sad and missing them like crazy, I remind myself how lucky I am to have a family worth missing. Not missing them would be so much worse than missing them.
2. SOME PRETTY AMAZING FRIENDS I would have fallen apart a long time ago if it weren't for the love and support of a couple incredible people.
3. CHRISTMAS Yeah, that's a pretty broad topic. But I love everything about it and it makes me incredibly giddy. My entire
house apartment is decorated and I just smile looking at everything.
4. BUSINESSES THAT ARE OPEN ON HOLIDAYS I never, ever thought I would feel this way. Spending a holiday on your own sure changes your perspective.
5. PINTEREST When I wasn't killing time at any of the aforementioned businessed, I spent a good deal of time on my favorite website. I truly do love how convenient it is to have all of my favorite stuff organized on a fun website. It was also helpful to be able to pull up a recipe on my cell phone using the Pinterest app when I was in Michaels today!
So it all comes full circle. LOL.
I hope everyone had a happy day with family... or friends... or Pinterest.