Monday, December 3, 2012

December Daily

So I'm curious. When does this whole "my family moved away to a place they knew I wouldn't follow them to" thing get any easier?? Because I think the last six months have been harder than the first six months. I don't understand it.

Blah.

I'm waiting for my friends to get sick of me. Of course I know that isn't going to happen. Blessedly, my friends realize that even when I'm being emotional, it's genuine. But I'm starting to get sick of me! Isn't that fun?

All right. Pity party over.

It's been a really long time since I've actually scrapbooked. I've sort of switched over to creating photobooks on Snapfish and just uploading pics to Facebook. Recently I've started getting the itch to start scrapping again, though. I think a lot of that has to do with Pinterest. As I was pinning, I came upon the December Daily idea on Ali Edwards's blog. Since Christmas is my favorite time of year, I thought this might be fun. I also knew that I wasn't going to have a bazillion fun things planned like I assume most of the DD particants would. Of course, it doesn't help that my decorating is done! But I thought it might give me some incentive to at least search for some fun things to do. I decided to keep it VERY simple and just used one of those cheap little photo albums that you get at Michaels for $2. I took out the cover and created my own with some cute scrapbook paper I found. This way I'll be able to document each day in December leading up to Christmas and I will have some room for photos... but I won't feel bad about myself if I don't have a photo for each day!

I know I'll be doing a lot of baking and I have friends coming over one day, so I'll be able to document that. I thought this was a great idea and I'm excited to record 25 days worth of memories, even if some of the days are fairly routine (which I expect will be the case on the days I'm at work!) I'm using the daily overlays that Ali created for this year. For most days I'll just print out the day and journal on it. {And I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to use her blank page to document a super cute story that was Christmas-related but outside of the December timeframe.} I'm hoping that I'll be able to use some of the overlays with pictures as well, though. I love the way it looks on her blog and I'm hoping to be able to do something similar. I just know ahead of time that I won't have a picture for each day. We'll see what the coming 20-ish days brings.

At any rate, this is my absolute favorite time of year and I'm looking forward to a great Christmas season! It prompted me to come up with a new phrase, which I'm hoping to work into conversation:

Your Bah Humbug is Not Welcome Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment